Plot & Details
Noi Albinoi is the feature-length debut from Icelandic filmmaker Dagur Kari. Set in an isolated fjord during the dead of winter, teenager Noi (Tomas Lemarquis) is stuck living with his grandma Lina (Anna Fridriksdottir). His mother is gone and his father, Kiddi (Throstur Leo Gunnarsson), is busy battling alcoholism. Although he's incredibly bright, Noi gets kicked out of school for cutting class and setting up clever pranks. With nothing to do in the frozen wilderness, he eventually meets gas station attendant Iris (Elin Hansdottir) and the two start a gentle romance. Noi then gets the idea to rob the town bank and take off with Iris, but it doesn't work out as planned. The moody original musical score is from the director's band Slowblow.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama,Special Interest
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/19/2004
- DVD Release Date: 10/12/2004
- Distributor(s): Palm Pictures
- Director(s): Dagur Kári
- Starring: Tomas Lemarquis , Throstur Leo Gunnarsson , Elin Hansdottir , Anna Fridriksdottir , Hjalti Rognvaldsson
- Themes: Unrequited Love,Fathers and Sons,Small-Town Life
- Tone: Deadpan,Drab,Intimate,Quirky,Wintry,Ironic
- Keywords: alcoholism,bank-robbery,coming-of-age,fjords,grandmother,suspension [punishment],teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-17-2004)
- Language: Icelandic