Plot & Details
Those familiar only with Johnny Horton's song hit North to Alaska might not be aware that the song came equipped with a movie. John Wayne and Stewart Granger star as a couple of lucky miners in Alaska Territory during the '98 gold rush. Since the Duke is the only man he can trust, Granger sends his pal to Seattle to fetch his fiance. Fabian appears in the cast (playing Granger's brother) primarily to attract teenage filmgoers; he gets to sing, of course, but he's better than usual. The film's centerpiece, an outsized brawl in the muddy streets of Nome, was repeated with several variations in Wayne's subsequent McLintock (1963). North to Alaska was based on a considerably more genteel stage play, Laszlo Fodor's Birthday Gift.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/16/2009
- DVD Release Date: 05/20/2003
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Henry Hathaway
- Starring: John Wayne , Stewart Granger , Ernie Kovacs , Fabian , Capucine
- Themes: Cons and Scams
- Tone: Earthy
- Keywords: con/scam,fiancee,friendship,gold,journey,love-triangle,masquerade,partner,prospector,romance
- Language: English