Plot & Details
A boy divorces his parents in this comic fantasy for the family. North (Elijah Wood) is the sort of kid most parents dream of -- he's bright, well-behaved, a good student, and a great baseball player. But North's Mom and Dad (Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Jason Alexander) are so busy with their lives and careers that they barely have time for him. A man dressed as the Easter Bunny (Bruce Willis) who serves as North's conscience and advisor suggests to him that if he's not happy with his parents, maybe he could do better elsewhere. North hires a lawyer, Arthur Belt (Jon Lovitz), who presents his case to Judge Buckle (Alan Arkin); the judge declares North a free agent, and he gives North two months to find new parents, otherwise he'll be sent to the orphans' home. North finds himself travelling the globe auditioning prospective parents, while a boy named Winchell (Matthew McCurley) thinks that North's legal victory could be the first step in kids taking over the world. North's would-be parents include Kathy Bates, Dan Aykroyd, Reba McIntire, and Kelly McGillis.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/22/1994
- Director(s): Rob Reiner
- Starring: Elijah Wood , Bruce Willis , Jon Lovitz , Matthew McCurley , Alan Arkin
- Themes: Mischievous Children,Mothers and Sons,Wishes Come True
- Tone: Reflective,Satirical,Bright,Slick,Madcap,Stylized,Whimsical,Frantic,Quirky,Goofy,Light
- Keywords: child,divorce,family,justice,parent,reconciliation