Plot & Details
Two men with nothing in common become unlikely companions in this comedy. Advertising executive Nick Beame (Tim Robbins) is not having a good day when he comes home from work to discover that his wife Ann (Kelly Preston) is having an affair with another man -- who, adding insult to injury, happens to be his boss, Phillip Barrow (Michael McKean). Deeply depressed, Nick hops into his SUV and starts driving aimlessly. He ends up in a rough neighborhood where a carjacker, T. Paul (Martin Lawrence), pulls a gun and jumps in the passenger seat. Nick grumbles "Boy, did you pick the wrong guy on the wrong day," and, thinking he has no reason to live, heads out to the desert over T. Paul's objections. Nick learns that T. Paul is actually a family man who has turned to crime because he can't get a job. Nick offers to help T. Paul, though crime is not one of his strong suits, and things get even more complicated when a pair of crooks, Rig (John C. McGinley) and Charlie (Giancarlo Esposito), start following them.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/18/1997
- DVD Release Date: 04/21/1998
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Steve Oedekerk
- Starring: Martin Lawrence , Tim Robbins , John C. McGinley , Giancarlo Esposito , Kelly Preston
- Themes: Class Differences,Unlikely Criminals,Race Relations
- Tone: Easygoing,Humorous,Madcap
- Keywords: advertising-executive,car,criminal,enemy,extramarital-affair,friendship,hijacker,mistaken-identity,on-the-run,revenge,robbery,seduction,weapons,yuppies
- Language: English