Plot & Details
Alternating between the unique vantage points of the Jews, the Arabs, and the British, director Elie Chouraqui's historical drama re-creates the landmark struggle surrounding the creation of the State of Israel in 1948. From the concrete jungle of New York City to the desert paradise of the Holy Land, two young Americans -- one Jewish and the other Arab -- are forced to make an incredible series of life-altering sacrifices in order to fight for their dreams. As the struggle for control of Jerusalem gets under way, the Jews, Arabs, and Brits must all address such difficult issues as terrorism, politics, courage, and deprivation with a newfound sense of honesty and urgency. Drawing inspiration from authors Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre's best-selling novel of the same name, O Jerusalem offers a textured commentary on a conflict that continues to stir controversy in the 21st century.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/24/2007
- DVD Release Date: 05/12/2009
- Distributor(s): Samuel Goldwyn
- Director(s): Elie Chouraqui
- Starring: JJ Feild , Saïd Taghmaoui , Daniel Lundh , Mel Raido , Patrick Bruel
- Themes: Political Unrest
- Keywords: Arab, British, Israel
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-19-2007)
- Language: English