Plot & Details
This (13th) time around, 007 (once again played by Roger Moore) receives the usual call to come and visit M when another agent drops off a fake Faberge jeweled egg at the British embassy in East Berlin and is later killed at a traveling circus. Suspicions mount when the assistant manager of the circus Kamal (Louis Jourdan), outbids Bond for the real Faberge piece at Sotheby's. Bond follows Kamal to India where the superspy thwarts many an ingenious attack and encounters the antiheroine of the title (Maud Adams), an international smuggler who runs the circus as a cover for her illegal operations. It does not take long to figure out that Orlov (Steven Berkoff), a decidedly rank Russian general is planning to raise enough money with the fake Faberges to detonate a nuclear bomb in Europe and then defeat NATO forces once and for all in conventional warfare. John Glen returns again to handle directing duties, the second of five Bond films he lensed.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 140min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/26/2007
- DVD Release Date: 10/17/2000
- Director(s): John Glen
- Starring: Roger Moore , Maud Adams , Louis Jourdan , Kristina Wayborn , Kabir Bedi
- Themes: Race Against Time,Terrorism,Heroic Mission
- Tone: Slick,Tense,Flashy
- Keywords: Russia,agent [representative],attack,criminal,espionage,gadgets,mission [quest],nuclear,nuclear-holocaust,nuclear-weapon,prince,sex,terrorism
- Country of Origin: USA (07-10-1983)
- Language: English