Plot & Details
Doctors today are liberally writing prescriptions for psychotropic drugs such as Adderall, Ambien, Zoloft, and Prozac (to name but a very few). Often these drugs are combined in polypharmacy cocktails or are given out for unapproved or untested indications, leading to abuse, dangerous side effects, and heavy dependence. In 'Off Label', Michael Palmieri and Donal Mosher (October Country) examine our runaway pharma-culture by weaving together the stories of drug-testing subjects, Big Pharma representatives, and many others touched by the rampant use of pharmaceuticals. Together, they create a poetic, sometimes amusing and frequently heartbreaking emotional road trip through an overmedicated, misdiagnosed, and drug-addled America.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/09/2013
- Distributor(s): Oscilloscope Laboratories
- Director(s): Donal Mosher, Michael Palmieri
- Themes: Doctors and Patients
- Keywords: drugs, medic, pharmaceutical-industry
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-09-2013)
- Language: English