Plot & Details
Directed by Robert Mickelson, Off the Lip follows Kat (Marguerite Moreau), equipped with a spanking new journalism degree, on her first big assignment. Though the job sounds ideal at first -- its only requirements are a positive outlook, good instincts, perseverance, and a willingness to travel to Hawaii -- Kat finds that her search for a surfer known only as "The Monk" is much harder than she had initially foreseen. As it becomes increasingly clear that the mysterious surfer has no intention of being found, other problems pop up at an alarming rate; among them are her boyfriend's (Mackenzie Astin) constant meddling, her washed-out guide's (Mark Fite) deteriorating mental health, and her supervisor's unwanted affection. To make matters worse, Kat's efforts land her a spot on the FBI's most wanted list. As the obstacles mount before her eyes, Kat begins to wonder who she's really searching for -- The Monk or herself?
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/07/2004
- DVD Release Date: 09/28/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Robert Mickelson
- Starring: Marguerite Moreau , MacKenzie Astin , David Rasche , Adam Scott , Mark Fite
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Unlikely Friendships,Members of the Press,Obsessive Quests
- Tone: Easygoing,Light,Quirky,Satirical,Summery
- Keywords: Hawaii, boyfriend, journalism, mystery [enigma], search, surfing
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-07-2004)
- Language: English