Plot & Details
Photographer Cindy Sherman, who often uses motifs from exploitation films in her work, pays witty tribute to slasher films in this satiric horror-comedy. Dorine Douglas (Carol Kane) has spent 16 years at the bottom of the totem pole as a copy editor for Constant Consumer magazine when, due to budget cuts, she's downsized into a contract employee and forced to work out of her home. Dorine isn't at all happy about this, and when she's called back into the office to help obnoxious writer Gary (David Thornton) fix a glitch in his computer, she's not at all upset when he's accidentally electrocuted. Dorine brings Gary's corpse home to join her in front of the TV. When pushy publisher Virginia (Barbara Sukowa) orders Dorine and overly ambitious Kim (Molly Ringwald) to salvage Gary's story from his notes, Dorine snaps, and soon Gary has some company in Dorine's increasingly crowded home office. Office Killer also stars Jeanne Tripplehorn and Michael Imperioli as more of Dorine's co-workers.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Foreign
- Run Time: 83min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/05/1997
- DVD Release Date: 06/04/2002
- Director(s): Cindy Sherman
- Starring: Carol Kane , Molly Ringwald , Jeanne Tripplehorn , Barbara Sukowa , Michael Imperioli
- Themes: Crime Sprees,Office Politics,Serial Killers,Work Ethics,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Humorous,Irreverent,Lurid,Cynical,Goofy,Deadpan,Campy
- Keywords: deception, editor, killing, memory, revenge, trauma, writing
- Language: English