Plot & Details
Jason Baffa's surfing documentary One California Day joins Step into Liquid (2003), Blue Horizon (2004), and other recent nonfiction outings to probe contemporary surfing. In this case, Baffa and his creative partner, Mark Jeremias, observe West Coast surf culture as shaped and defined by eight male surfers, who hail from a variety of southern California beach communities. The filmmakers establish biographical profiles of their subjects and witness the unique way in which each man approaches surfing and surf culture. Participants include Jimmy Gamboa, Dane Perlee, Tyler Hatzikian, Alex Knost, and Chris Malloy; Devon Howard narrates.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest,Sports
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/12/2007
- DVD Release Date: 10/28/2008
- Director(s): Mark Jeremias, Jason Baffa
- Themes: Surfing
- Tone: Summery,Light,Warm
- Keywords: culture [social culture], retrospective, sports-highlights, surfing
- Language: English