Plot & Details
After one day together -- July 15th, 1988, their college graduation -- Emma Morley (Academy Award nominee Anne Hathaway) and Dexter Mayhew (Jim Sturgess of 'Across the Universe') begin a friendship that will last a lifetime. She is a working-class girl of principle and ambition who dreams of making the world a better place. He is a wealthy charmer who dreams that the world will be his playground. For the next two decades, key moments of their relationship are experienced over several July 15ths in their lives. Together and apart, we see Dex and Em through their friendship and fights, hopes and missed opportunities, laughter and tears. Somewhere along their journey, these two people realize that what they are searching and hoping for has been there for them all along. As the true meaning of that one day back in 1988 is revealed, they come to terms with the nature of love and life itself.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/19/2011
- DVD Release Date: 11/29/2011
- Distributor(s): Focus Features
- Director(s): Lone Scherfig
- Starring: Anne Hathaway , Jim Sturgess , Romola Garai , Tom Mison , Rafe Spall
- Themes: Star-Crossed Lovers,Twentysomething Life
- Tone: Bittersweet,Humorous,Poignant,Sentimental
- Country of Origin: USA (08-19-2011)
- Language: English