Plot & Details
When a beautiful young slave girl learns that her people are about to fall victim to a horrible act of genocide, she will be forced to choose between realizing her wildest dreams or stepping into the pages of history to embrace her destiny in an epic tale of one young girl who rises from peasant to princess to claim the heart of a king. Esther was born an exquisite beauty, but her people have been enslaved by the most powerful kingdom on the planet and her parents executed before she ever had a chance to truly know them. Subsequently taken in by her kindly uncle, a royal scribe, Esther is soon spirited away to the royal palace to take her place in the king's harem. Trouble is stirring in this ancient land, however, and when the queen, Vashti, is banished by the unknowing king, palace princes scramble for a position of power the desperate king determined to live up to, and ultimately avenge the battles waged by his father long ago. Now, as the wheels of destruction are slowly set into motion, a malevolent prime minister who has fallen into favor with the king soon begins to wield a frightening amount of power by calling for the death of Esther's people. With time running out for her entire race, Esther must face her fears and be willing to lay down her life if she is to ever fully realize the plan that God has laid out for her.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 123min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/13/2006
- DVD Release Date: 01/30/2007
- Distributor(s): Gener8Xion Ent.
- Director(s): Michael O. Sajbel
- Starring: Tiffany DuPont , Luke Goss , John Rhys-Davies , John Noble , Tom \
- Themes: Orphans,Rags To Riches,Crowned Heads
- Tone: Earnest,Lavish,Sentimental,Sweeping
- Keywords: genocide,harem,kingdom,peasant,queen [royalty],slave girl
- Country of Origin: USA (10-13-2006)
- Language: English