Plot & Details
Adapted from a play which was originally produced by the Federal Theatre Project (part of the WPA), this is a film from the Depression era which shows the disparity between life in the slums and the life of the upper class. When a young man inherits a city block in the ghetto, he begins to meet those who live there. One, a young boy, had been crippled in a fire which ripped through his tenement. He meets and falls in love with this young boy's sister as well.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 79min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/14/2008
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Dudley Murphy
- Starring: Sylvia Sidney , Myron McCormick , Sidney Lumet
- Keywords: boy, city, depression, escape, fire, life, love, meeting, nation, slums, tenement, upper-class, youth, against-all-odds, forbidden-love, handicap, poverty, slice-of-life, slum-lord, social-commentary, survivor