Plot & Details
Thai stuntman Tony Jaa makes his starring debut in this martial arts action film directed by Prachya Pinkaew. Ja plays Ting, a young man living in a village in rural Thailand. Discovered as an infant on the steps of the town's temple and raised by monks who taught him the Thai martial art of muay thai, Ting is sent to Bangkok when the head of the town's statue of the Buddha, to which they pray to bring the annual rains to their drought-stricken region, is stolen. The country boy is plunged into the big city's seething criminal underworld, and forced to use his fighting skills to dispatch a parade of thugs in an underground fight club on his way to finding the criminal mastermind who stole the Buddha head so he can return it before drought and starvation bring his hometown to ruin.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/11/2005
- DVD Release Date: 08/30/2005
- Distributor(s): Magnolia
- Director(s): Prachya Pinkaew
- Starring: Tony Jaa , Petchtai Wongkamlao , Pumwaree Yodkamol , Rungrawee Borrijindakul , Chetwut Wacharakun
- Themes: Lone Wolves,Heroic Mission,Righting the Wronged
- Tone: Gritty,Rousing,Tense
- Keywords: Buddhism,Thailand,fight,fighting,martial-arts,relic
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-11-2005)
- Language: Thai