Plot & Details
Based on a best-seller by Elizabeth Berg, this made-for-TV movie stars Christine Lahti as Samantha Morrow, a middle-class mom deserted by her shallow husband, David (Chris Potter). In order to keep a roof over her head -- not to mention the head of her son, Travis (Mark Rendall) -- Samantha decides to take in boarders. Among these is a runaway teenager named Lavender Blue (Grace Lynn Kung) and a chubby working stiff named King (Daniel Baldwin). Without giving the game away, it can be noted that one of these boarders will enable Samantha to realize her full value as a woman and human being by film's end. Also on hand are Samantha's down-to-earth mom (Eva Marie Saint) and cable-TV home-design expert Colin Cowie (as himself). Open House made its initial CBS appearance on February 16, 2003.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/28/2003
- Director(s): Arvin Brown
- Starring: Christine Lahti , Daniel Baldwin , Eva Marie Saint , Rita Moreno , Colin Cowie
- Themes: Single Parents,Starting Over,Breakups and Divorces
- Tone: Bittersweet,Heartwarming,Understated,Wry
- Keywords: boarding-house, divorce, single-parent
- Language: English