Plot & Details
Helen Mirren played the title character in the two-part British miniseries Painted Lady. In the throes of poverty and drug abuse, Irish folk singer Maggie Sheridan (Mirren) pulled herself together when her wealthy and well-connected landlord was murdered and robbed of several valuable works of art. Posing as an art dealer, Maggie not only wreaked vengeance upon the thieves, but also had time left over for a torrid interracial romance. And, as a bonus, the heroine ended up a Countess, no less. Debuting over British television on December 7, 1997, Painted Lady made its American TV bow on April 26, 1998.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 240min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/28/2004
- Director(s): Julian Jarrold
- Starring: Helen Mirren , Franco Nero , Iain Glen , Michael Maloney , Lesley Manville
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Amateur Sleuths,Art Theft
- Tone: Enigmatic,Moody,Ominous
- Keywords: art-dealer, art-theft, assumed-identity, interracial, murder, poverty, revenge, robbery, singer
- Language: English