Plot & Details
Directed by Joe Fab and Elliot Berlin, this documentary chronicles a rural Tennessee middle school's unique class project: finding a meaningful way to honor Holocaust victims. Brought up in a heavily fundamentalist Christian environment, most of the students had never seen, let alone spoken with, a member of the Jewish faith; nonetheless, the children of Whitwell found a poignant method of honoring the slain. Using individual paper clips to represent each life lost in the Holocaust, the students were inundated with contributions from around the world. Eventually, they managed to procure an authentic German rail car, which would become container to the millions of paper clips collected.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/24/2004
- DVD Release Date: 03/07/2006
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Elliot Berlin, Joe Fab
- Starring: Linda Hooper , David Smith , Sandra Roberts , Dagmar Schindel-Hildebrand
- Themes: Crimes Against Humanity
- Tone: Compassionate,Elegiac,Gentle,Heartwarming,Poignant,Reflective
- Keywords: Holocaust, Jewish, memorial, middle-school, project [plan], schoolchildren, survivor, teacher, tolerance, understanding
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-24-2004)
- Language: English