Plot & Details
Anna Maria, a single woman in her 50s, devotes her summer to missionary work in an effort to return Austria back to the path of virtue. Carrying a foot-high statue of the Virgin Mary, she goes door-to-door preaching Catholicism. One day, after years of absence, her husband, an Egyptian Muslim confined to a wheelchair, returns home. Anna Maria's life is turned upside-down and her prayers are now joined by fighting. 'PARADISE: Faith' - the second installment in Ulrich Seidl's PARADISE Trilogy - recounts the stations of the cross of a marriage and the longing for love.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/13/2013
- DVD Release Date: 10/22/2013
- Distributor(s): Strand Releasing
- Director(s): Ulrich Seidl
- Starring: Natalya Baranova , Maria Hofstatter
- Themes: Foibles of Marriage
- Tone: Satirical
- Keywords: Catholicism, husband
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-13-2013)
- Language: English,German