Plot & Details
Richard Quine directs George Axelrod's acerbic script (adapted from Julien Duvivier's La Fête à Henriette) in this romantic comedy that reunites William Holden and Audrey Hepburn for the first time since 1954's Sabrina. Holden plays Richard Benson, a Hollywood screenwriter being pressured by movie producer Alexander Meyerheimer (Noël Coward) to finish his script entitled "The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower." Meyerheimer gives Richard a two-day ultimatum to complete his work, unaware that Richard has yet to even start on the script. In an effort to get moving on his project, Richard hires a live-in secretary, Gabrielle Simpson (Audrey Hepburn), to help him. Soon enough, the two fall in love and spend the time enacting various scenes from the unwritten screenplay as the time slips away and Richard's deadline looms.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/11/2008
- DVD Release Date: 04/10/2001
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Richard Quine
- Starring: William Holden , Audrey Hepburn , Gregoire Aslan , Noël Coward , Raymond Bussières
- Themes: Americans Abroad,Fantasy Life,Writer's Life
- Tone: Fanciful,Humorous,Light,Upbeat,Witty
- Keywords: employment, screenwriter, writing, deadline, fantasy, filmmaker, love, romance, screenplay, script, secretary
- Language: English