Plot & Details
In the 1970s, Paul Williams won Grammys and an Academy Award. He wrote many #1 songs, from Barbara Streisand's "Evergreen" to the Carpenters' "We've Only Just Begun," as well as Kermit the Frog's biggest hit, "The Rainbow Connection." He starred in a Brian De Palma movie, put out his own hit records and albums, was a guest on The Tonight Show fifty times, is the president of ASCAP... and you may have never heard of him. He was the singer/actor/songwriter that emotional, alienated teenage boys all over the world wanted to be - a sex symbol before MTV, when sex symbols could be 5"2 and sing songs about loneliness with the Muppets. One of those boys was Steve Kessler, a chubby kid from Queens. Thirty years later, Kessler discovered something amazing: not only was Paul Williams still alive, no one had ever tried to make a documentary about him. A wistful musical journey that will introduce a new generation to Williams' soulful classics, Paul Williams Still Alive is the charmingly self-narrated story of Stephen Kessler's lifelong obsession with the former superstar, and what happens when the nostalgic filmmaker finally catches up with him.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/01/2012
- DVD Release Date: 02/05/2013
- Distributor(s): Abramorama
- Director(s): Stephen Kessler
- Starring: Paul Williams , Stephen Kessler , Chris Caswell , Dustin Hoffman
- Themes: Drug Addiction,Musician's Life
- Tone: Affectionate,Humorous,Warm
- Keywords: Philippines,addiction,celebrity,music-tour,singer/songwriter
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-08-2012)
- Language: English