Plot & Details
Diane (Cathernie Keener)is a conservative lawyer who, after splitting with her husband, takes her two teenage children, Zoe (Elizabeth Olsen) and Jake (Nat Wolff) to meet their estranged, eccentric grandmother Grace (Jane Fonda), the epitome of the term "free spirit" who lives in Woodstock, NY. Her personality was always so immense Diane felt there was rarely any room for anyone else. The film playfully depicts a string of new beginnings founded in letting go of the past. Diane isn't sure what she came to Woodstock for, but what she finds is an open offer of motherly solace, the chance to bond with her children and perhaps the opportunity to open her heart to someone new. She meets a carpenter/singer/songwriter named Jude (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). He's handsome, generous, impulsive, and really corny. He also clearly adores her. But is Diane ready for romance? Meanwhile her daughter also meets a local (Chace Crawford) who she connects with.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/08/2012
- DVD Release Date: 10/02/2012
- Distributor(s): IFC
- Director(s): Bruce Beresford
- Starring: Jane Fonda , Catherine Keener , Elizabeth Olsen , Chace Crawford , Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- Themes: Generation Gap,Crumbling Marriages,Mothers and Daughters
- Tone: Gentle,Heartwarming,Sentimental
- Keywords: conservative,daughter,hippie,marijuana,mother,musician
- Country of Origin: USA (06-08-2012)
- Language: English