Plot & Details
Geraldine Chaplin shines in a double role in this drama by celebrated Spanish director Carlos Saura. Julian (Jose Luis Lopez) is a middle-aged physician who is content to live out his retirement in the solitude of the country. His playboy brother Pablo (Alfred Mayo) brings his new bride Elena (Chaplin) for a visit, and in spite of Julian's strict upbringing and evident sexual repression, he falls in love with his new sister-in-law. Julian is floored at the striking resemblance between Elena and a nurse named Ana in the local village. The mild-mannered medico is tormented when he is rejected by Elena, and Paolo discovers his brother's obsession with his bride.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/11/2007
- Director(s): Carlos Saura
- Starring: Geraldine Chaplin , José Luis Lopez Vasquez , Alfredo Mayo
- Themes: Self-Destructive Romance,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Confrontational,Reflective,Tense
- Keywords: doctor, nurse, repression, retirement, sexual-attraction, sister-in-law