Plot & Details
An ordinary guy gets himself in an extraordinary amount of trouble in this blend of comedy and action from director Ian Fitzgibbon. Michael McCrea (Cillian Murphy) is a regular guy who isn't especially good with money, which leads him to borrow some money from Perrier (Brendan Gleeson), a local loan shark and strong-arm man. Unfortunately, Michael isn't able to pay back the money on schedule, and he quickly learns that Perrier is one man you don't want angry; now there's a price on Michael's head and he needs to pay his debt quickly if he wants to live. Michael accepts a proposal from a small-time hood to do a quick breaking-and-entering job in exchange for part of the loot, but things go very wrong and somehow the neighbor girl Michael is sweet on, Brenda (Jodie Whittaker), ends up shooting someone. Now Michael is on the run from two sets of crooks, has a dead body to deal with, must find an alibi for Brenda, and has to mend fences with his crusty father (Jim Broadbent) before his dad is willing to help. Perrier's Bounty was an official selection at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/21/2010
- Director(s): Ian Fitzgibbon
- Starring: Cillian Murphy , Brendan Gleeson , Jim Broadbent , Jodie Whittaker , Michael McElhatton
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Nothing Goes Right,Criminal's Revenge
- Tone: Witty,Gritty,Tense,Quirky
- Keywords: debt,loan-shark,on-the-run,shooting [crime],dog,double-cross,ex-boyfriend,father,terminal-illness
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-21-2010)
- Language: English