Plot & Details
Perry Mason (Raymond Burr) is once more dragged out of retirement to defend a murder suspect. This time the defendant is an obnoxious actor (Joe Penny) who was seen by an audience of millions in the act of shooting a vitriolic TV talk show host (Allan Thicke). The actor claims the shooting was a prearranged publicity stunt, and that his gun was filled with blanks. Why, then, was the host stone cold dead when the cops arrived? Production sidelight: Allan Thicke, the "murdered" talk host in this made for TV movie, was in 1983 the real host of a failed talk show--a show produced by Fred Silverman, who also happened to be the producer of Perry Mason: The Case of the Shooting Star..
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 97min.
- Director(s): Ron Satlof
- Starring: Raymond Burr , Barbara Hale , Joe Penny , William Katt , Ron Glass
- Themes: Lone Wolves,Lawyers
- Tone: Matter-of-Fact,Deliberate,Talky,Cynical
- Keywords: host, talk-show, courtroom, investigation, lawyer, murder
- Language: English