Plot & Details
A strange teenager becomes obsessed with a man who has a dangerous past in this independent drama. Fannie (Savannah Haske) is a slow-witted young woman living with her father (Robert John Burke) on a small farm in upstate New York. Fannie's only friends are her pet pig and an elderly woman who she tends to after a fashion, but Fannie wants to have a boyfriend, and often writes clumsy songs about the subject that she performs for the benefit of her cassette recorder. Nile (Dean Wareham) is a second-rate rock musician with a drug habit who moves in next door to the old woman; Fannie is immediately smitten with him, and follows him constantly until he agrees to go out on a date. But Nile makes no secret of his disinterest in Fannie, and ditches her for another woman before the end of the evening. As Fannie wonders how to win Nile's affection, the musician is confronted by a small-time gangster (John C. Reilly) who has some old business with Nile. Piggie was the first directorial credit for Alison Bagnall, who co-authored the screenplay for the cult favorite Buffalo '66.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/16/2005
- Director(s): Alison Bagnall
- Starring: Savannah Haske , Dean Wareham , Robert John Burke
- Themes: Unrequited Love,Misfits and Outsiders
- Tone: Bittersweet,Humorous,Irreverent,Quirky,Wry,Earthy
- Keywords: crush, obsession, pig, thief
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-15-2005)
- Language: English