Plot & Details
A wondrous documentary that's been winning over audiences around the world, 'Planet of Snail' is a journey into the life of a most extraordinary couple. Young-Chan is an accomplished poet who can no longer hear or see. He communicates with his wife through finger braille, a unique form of communication where words are tapped on each other's hands. They rely on one another completely; even simple domestic tasks require complex collaboration and everyday moments that most of us hardly notice become tender shared experiences. Combining breathtaking imagery with Young-Chan's personal writings, 'Planet of Snail' becomes a transfixing portrait of life on what seems like another planet, where touch communicates everything and love conquers all.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/25/2012
- DVD Release Date: 02/12/2013
- Distributor(s): Cinema Guild
- Director(s): Yi Seung-Jun
- Starring: Cho Youngchan , Young-Chan , Soon-Ho
- Themes: Living With Disability
- Tone: Deliberate,Intimate,Meditative,Understated,Elegant
- Keywords: blindness [physical], disability, poetry, spine
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-25-2012)
- Language: Korean