Plot & Details
Kathryn Bigelow's fourth action film follows FBI agent Johnny Utah (Keanu Reeves) as he goes undercover to infiltrate a cache of Southern California surfers suspected of robbing banks. Utah, a former football player, is assigned to Los Angeles. There, four bank robbers, who wear rubber masks and call themselves "Ex-Presidents," have executed a series of successful robberies which embarrassingly have the FBI stumped. Utah, and his partner Pappas (Gary Busey) suspect that the robbers are surfers and hatch a plan for catching them.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 117min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/12/1991
- DVD Release Date: 05/22/2001
- Distributor(s): Fox
- Director(s): Kathryn Bigelow
- Starring: Patrick Swayze , Keanu Reeves , Lori Petty , Gary Busey , John C. McGinley
- Themes: Dangerous Friends,Bank Robbery,Surfing,Going Undercover
- Tone: Forceful,Frantic,Slick,Tense,Confrontational
- Keywords: FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation),agent [representative],bad-guy,bank,beach,cat-and-mouse,danger,friendship,good-guy,infiltration,investigation,law-enforcement,police,robbery,self-discovery,skydiving,sports,subculture,surfing,undercover
- Country of Origin: USA (07-12-1991)
- Language: English