Plot & Details
Love, mistaken identity and miserably cold weather bring together three disparate characters in this dark independent comedy. It's the dead of winter in South Dakota, and a vagrant (Jeremy Clark) driving through the frozen wastes finds a frostbitten man lying in the middle of the road. The vagrant drags the frozen stranger into his pickup truck, and discovers his name is NoDak (Garth Blomberg) and that he's been pursuing a relationship though the mail with a woman (Holly Lynn Ellis) who is about to be released from prison. The vagrant wants a woman in his life, and since the prisoner doesn't know what NoDak looks like, he hatches a plan to take his place. However, it should come as no surprise that things don't go especially smoothly when the vagrant meets his potential lady love. Prairie Love was the first feature film from director Dusty Bias, and was an official selection at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 80min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/13/2012
- Director(s): Dusty Bias
- Starring: Jeremy Clark , Holly Lynn Ellis , Garth Blomberg
- Themes: Assumed Identities,Mistaken Identities
- Tone: Humorous,Irreverent,Quirky
- Keywords: assumed-identity, ex-convict, pen-pals, vagabond
- Language: English