Plot & Details
On March 11, 2011, Japan's Tohoku coastal region was destroyed by a 9.0 magnitude earthquake and devastating tsunami that followed. 'Pray for Japan' takes place in the devastated region of Ishinomaki, Miyagi -- the largest coastal city in Tohoku with a population of over 160,000 people. Filmmaker Stu Levy -- an American living in Japan -- filmed the tsunami aftermath during his trips to Tohoku as a volunteer and over a period of 6 weeks, captured over 50 hours of footage.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/14/2012
- DVD Release Date: 11/06/2012
- Director(s): Stu Levy
- Starring: Kyoka Suzuki
- Themes: Forces of Nature
- Tone: Somber
- Keywords: Japan, disaster, earthquake, tragedy, tsunami
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-14-2012)
- Language: English