Plot & Details
This made-for-television drama is based on the true story of a female prison inmate who fought for women's rights while still behind bars. Stephanie Zimbalist stars as Lynn Shaffer, a wife and mother who gets convicted of white-collar crime and is sentenced to ten years in prison. While behind bars she witnesses prison guards assaulting female inmates and carting them off to hotels as part of a prostitution ring. Her initial attempts to speak out are squelched by a crooked guard (Dan Luria). Determined to expose the crime, she enlists the help of her husband (Gary Frank) and her attorney, and fights to get the information into the hands of the proper authorities.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 91min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/11/2001
- Director(s): Fred Gerber
- Starring: Stephanie Zimbalist , Dan Lauria , Finola Hughes , Gary Frank , Rusty Schwimmer
- Themes: Women in Prison,Whistleblowers
- Tone: Claustrophobic,Intimate,Tense,Stirring
- Keywords: atrocity, husband, imprisonment, inmate, lawyer, prison, prison-reform, rights, witness, woman, women's-issues
- Language: English