Plot & Details
A string of serial murders rock Seoul, Korea, forcing a medical physician and an aspiring detective to undertake their own amateur investigation, in this offbeat period mystery-thriller. The year is 1910, the place, the heart of the Joseon Dynasty. Hong Jin-Ho (Hwang Jeong-min) longs to establish himself as a private detective - and sees a move to America as his ticket out of Korea. Meanwhile, a local medical intern, Kwang-soo (Ryoo Deok-hwan), discovers a corpse in the woods and steals it to practice routine dissection - but it so happens that the body in question belongs to the son of the most powerful figure in Seoul. For this reason, Kwang-soo's possession of the body soon puts him at risk for being tagged as the murderer. Kwang-soo contemplates stealing away in the dead of night, but his path soon criss-crosses with that of Hong, and Kwang-soo asks him to find the murderer. Soon, a second body turns up, murdered in exactly the same way; the gentlemen then team up and use a cloth found in one victim's hand as a clue to track down the killer.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 111min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/01/2009
- DVD Release Date: 03/20/2012
- Director(s): Park Dae-min
- Starring: Hwang Jeong-min , Ryoo Deok-hwan , Oh Dal-su , Eom Ji-weon , Yoon Jae-moon
- Themes: Serial Killers,Amateur Sleuths,Murder Investigations
- Tone: Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: dynasty, medical-student
- Country of Origin: South Korea (04-02-2009)
- Language: Korean