Plot & Details
A handful of characters struggle to hold on to relationships with the people they care for in this collaboration between playwright Alan Ayckbourn and filmmaker Alain Resnais. Dan (Lambert Wilson) has recently finished up a hitch in the Army, but rather than deal with his emotional issues, Dan prefers to get drunk. While he barely communicates with his girlfriend, Nicole (Laura Morante), she's convinced they will still marry and opts to ignore his obvious problems. Lionel (Pierre Arditi) is a bartender who has become increasingly isolated and cut off from his friends as he looks after his father, Arthur. Arthur, however, is in failing health and has little appreciation of his son's sacrifices. Thierry (André Dussollier) is a real-estate salesman who has fallen for one of his co-workers, Charlotte (Sabine Azéma); however, Charlotte's mild-mannered exterior hides a personality that thrives on emotional gamesmanship. And Gaëlle (Isabelle Carré), Thierry's sister, is lonely and looking for a relationship, but her efforts bring her neither joy nor companionship. Coeurs (aka Petites Peurs Partagées) received its world premiere at the 2006 Venice Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/13/2007
- DVD Release Date: 08/07/2007
- Distributor(s): IFC
- Director(s): Alain Resnais
- Starring: Laura Morante , Lambert Wilson , Pierre Arditi , Isabelle Carré , André Dussollier
- Themes: Alcoholism,Generation Gap,Wedding Bells,All Washed Up,Fathers and Sons,Sibling Relationships,Looking For Love,Intersecting Lives
- Tone: Bittersweet,Downbeat,Intimate
- Keywords: army-officer,discharge,fiancee,invalid,mind-games
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-13-2007)
- Language: French