Plot & Details
For his third outing as disturbed innkeeper Norman Bates, Anthony Perkins directed as well as starred in the thriller Psycho III. This time out, Norman is still manning the desk at the Bates Motel, where he now has an assistant, Duane (Jeff Fahey), and a new long-term tenant, Maureen Coyle (Diana Scarwid). Maureen has been seeing Duane and has some issues to resolve in her life; she gave up her vows as a nun not long ago, and she isn't sure just how she feels about either spiritual or earthly matters. Norman takes an interest in Maureen, which may not be good for her long-term health -- after all, the last woman with the initials "M.C." who stayed in that room (and used the shower) met with a rather nasty fate. Perkins played Norman Bates one more time, in the made-for-cable Psycho IV: The Beginning; a short-lived TV series followed, Bates Motel, in which Perkins did not participate.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/23/1991
- DVD Release Date: 09/07/1999
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Anthony Perkins
- Starring: Anthony Perkins , Diana Scarwid , Jeff Fahey , Roberta Maxwell , Hugh Gillin
- Themes: Serial Killers
- Tone: Creepy,Menacing
- Keywords: gore, killing, maniac, motel, mother, nun, reporter, romance, victim, haunted-house, house, investigation, mental-illness, murder, psychopath, relapse
- Country of Origin: USA (07-02-1986)
- Language: English