Plot & Details
A modern-day troubadour learns the whimsical rules of the record industry after moving out to Los Angeles and becoming the subject of a vicious rumor. Henry Phillips travels through the heartland singing his satirical folk songs to anyone willing to give him the time of day. In the wake of a booking mishap involving a Christian fundraiser, however, Henry decides that it's high time he moves to a place where people can appreciate his twisted sense of humor. A few days later, Henry is crashing his brother's couch in L.A. But while his brother can't get an acting gig to save his life, Henry finds success almost overnight. A few solid shows later, and Henry gets a record deal, some radio airplay, and a positive write-up in a local paper. Not only that, but the pretty barista Henry's been admiring from afar finally seems to notice that he actually exists. Unfortunately, L.A. can be a fickle town, and when Henry becomes the unwitting subject of a nasty rumor, the success he's worked so hard to achieve suddenly begins to slip from his grasp.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/22/2010
- DVD Release Date: 03/22/2011
- Director(s): Gregori Viens
- Starring: Henry Phillips , Ellen Ratner , Wade Kelley , Matt Walker , Guilford Adams
- Themes: Ladder to the Top,Big Break,Musician's Life
- Tone: Deadpan,Satirical,Silly
- Keywords: industry, musician, success, troubador
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-22-2010)
- Language: English