Plot & Details
Patrik-Ian Polk directs this ensemble film about a quartet of gay African-American men looking for love in all the wrong places. The film opens with a quartet of friends hanging out by the pool with cocktails discussing who would be better in bed, Ricky Martin or Busta Rhymes. Outside of their overheated imaginations, though, the four are not seeing much action. During his 30th birthday party, Hill (Dwight Ewell) discovered his French beau getting a little fresh with a guest, causing their long term relationship to split. Marcus (Seth Gilliam), a closet romantic longing for Mr. Right, has a habit of scaring off one-night stands with his AIDS paranoia. Drag queen Chris (Jazzmun) talks constantly about a boyfriend no one has ever met, and rich Latino kid Dante (Renoly Santiago) is merrily promiscuous. As the film progresses, Hill, who moves in with Marcus, secretly revels in the prospect of single life. At the same time, Marcus lusts for hunky music producer Darby (Rockmond Dunbar) who moves in next door, though he has a live-in girlfriend (Vanessa Williams). The enormity of Chris' ego breaks up his lip-synched drag revue of Sister Sledge hits. This film was screened at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival and features a soundtrack by Babyface and Janet Jackson.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Foreign
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/02/2001
- Director(s): Patrik-Ian Polk
- Starring: Seth Gilliam , Dwight Ewell , Rockmond Dunbar , Renoly Santiago
- Themes: Culture Clash,Bohemian Life,Playing the Field,Looking For Love
- Tone: Atmospheric,Campy,Humorous,Madcap,Passionate,Quirky,Sexy,Upbeat,Flashy,Decadent
- Keywords: friendship,homosexual
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-12-2001)