Plot & Details
On the heels of his eagerly anticipated but coolly received stateside debut Fear X, Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn continues the saga that put his name on the film-going map with this ambitious sequel to his popular first film, Pusher. In the first chapter of the series, drug courier Frank (Kim Bodnia) is sold out to the cops by his dim friend, Tonny (Mads Mikkelsen). The prodigal son of prominent underworld heavy The Duke (Leif Sylvester Petersen), Tonny is a universally disliked louse whose constant criminal mishaps have incurred the wrath of nearly every gangster in the region -- including that of his frequently embarrassed and increasingly contemptuous father. As Tonny is released from a recent spell in prison and the elaborate wedding of one of The Duke's loyal henchmen gets underway, Tonny eventually manages to convince his father to let him back into the fold, despite his father's realization that doing so could bring about the downfall of his entire criminal empire.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/18/2006
- DVD Release Date: 11/07/2006
- Distributor(s): Magnolia
- Director(s): Nicolas Winding Refn
- Starring: Mads Mikkelsen , Leif Sylvester , Kurt Nielsen , Zlatko Burik , Oyvind Hagen-Traberg
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Mafia Life,Dishonor Among Thieves
- Keywords: criminal, debt, ex-convict, father, gangster
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-18-2006)
- Language: Danish