Plot & Details
The second and third novels in author Anne Rice's popular book series The Vampire Chronicles provide the inspiration for this horror sequel starring ill-fated actress and recording artist Aaliyah, who was killed in an airplane crash before the film's release. Stuart Townsend is the vampire Lestat, who has awakened from a century-long slumber and turned his considerable energy to rock music. His vampirism identity mistaken for a gothic hard rock publicity stunt along the lines of Kiss or Marilyn Manson, he quickly becomes a pop music sensation. Lestat's powerful music reaches the ear of the slumbering Akasha (Aaliyah), the millennia-old "queen of the vampires" who was the first immortal bloodsucker. Akasha is soon free and embarking on a quest to seize control of the world with Lestat at her side. In the meantime, Lestat becomes an object of fascination for Jesse Reeves (Marguerite Moreau), member of a secret order studying the supernatural called the Talamasca, and a band of ancient vampires come together in an effort to stop Akasha, even though her destruction could potentially cause their own deaths. Queen of the Damned co-stars Lena Olin and Vincent Perez.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Horror
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/22/2002
- DVD Release Date: 08/27/2002
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Paul Goldman, Michael Rymer
- Starring: Aaliyah , Stuart Townsend , Vincent Perez , Paul McGann
- Themes: Vampires,Dangerous Attraction,Femmes Fatales,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Atmospheric,Creepy,Eerie,Goth,Menacing
- Keywords: fame, goth-rock, immortality, rock-star, secret-organization, supernatural, vampire
- Country of Origin: USA (02-22-2002)
- Language: English