Plot & Details
Bill Murray co-directed (along with Howard Franklin) this mixture of The Out-of-Towners and After Hours, concerning Grimm (Bill Murray), a frustrated city planner who is fed up with the corruption and venality of New York City. Getting together a couple of accomplices -- Phyllis (Geena Davis), who admires Grimm for his audacity, and Loomis (Randy Quaid), a follower to Grimm's leader since grade school -- Grimm decides to rob a bank, pocket the money, get out of town and take off to tropical splendor. Dressing in a clown suit, Grimm devises a unique way to rob a bank -- taking a group of hostages at the bank and inviting the police to surround the bank. Amazingly, although pursued by a police chief (Jason Robards), the trio manage to pull off the robbery. However, the problems really start when they try to get from the bank to the airport -- which proves to be more difficult than the robbery.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/02/2003
- DVD Release Date: 02/14/2006
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Bill Murray, Howard Franklin
- Starring: Bill Murray , Geena Davis , Randy Quaid , Jason Robards, Jr. , Bob Elliott
- Themes: Nothing Goes Right,Bank Robbery,Crime Gone Awry
- Tone: Goofy,Light,Quirky,Madcap,Wry
- Keywords: bank-robbery,bumbler,clown,complications,disguise,escape,friendship,getaway,getaway-car,girlfriend,urban
- Country of Origin: USA (04-27-1990)
- Language: English