Plot & Details
Truck driver Spencer Tracy claims he's "too lazy to work and too nervous to steal", but he gets mixed up in racketeering all the same. Organizing a trucking association, he lines his pockets by demanding protection money from the other drivers. Naturally, Tracy's underhanded business practices make him a pillar of the community. He plans to marry a society girl (Marguerite Churchill), who loves another. When she spurns him, Tracy arranges to have the girl kidnapped. Instead, his henchman turn on him (they've gotten a better offer) and take Tracy on a one-way ride. The first film for writer-director Rowland Brown (something of an expert on gangsters), Quick Millions is a rugged example of Spencer Tracy's earliest movie work.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 72min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/13/2006
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Rowland Brown
- Starring: Spencer Tracy , Marguerite Churchill , Sally Eilers , Robert Burns , John Wray
- Themes: Kidnapping,Rise and Fall Stories
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: extortion, kidnapping, rackets [corruption], truckdriver