Plot & Details
A man who can't walk meets a woman who envies his condition in this offbeat black comedy. Isaac Knott (Nick Stahl) lost the use of his legs when he was eight years old in an auto accident that also claimed the lives of his parents. Despite being confined to a wheelchair, Isaac has enjoyed a successful career as the host of a talk show on a New York City public radio outlet. One day, Isaac is told an odd story about a man who arrived at a local hospital and demanded to have his legs amputated; the man was part of a secret subculture of able-bodied folks who wish to be paraplegics, using wheelchairs when they can and attempting to deaden their legs through artificial means. Isaac becomes fascinated with the idea of these wannabes, and begins studying the phenomenon for a piece on his show. Isaac's research leads him to Fiona (Vera Farmiga), a sexy but mysterious blonde who collects and restores Chinese art. Fiona is also the owner of a wheelchair she doesn't really need, and Isaac, who is increasingly attracted to her, wants to know all about her role in the fake-paraplegic underground. However, Fiona isn't about to give away any of her secrets for free, and Isaac discovers that the exchange of information and trust goes deeper the longer they know one another. The first feature film from writer and director Carlos Brooks, Quid Pro Quo received its premiere at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 81min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/13/2008
- DVD Release Date: 08/19/2008
- Distributor(s): Magnolia
- Director(s): Carlos Brooks
- Starring: Nick Stahl , Vera Farmiga , Jacob Pitts , Aimee Mullins , Jeane Fournier
- Themes: Living With Disability,Obsessive Quests
- Tone: Moody,Sexual
- Keywords: disability,fake,paralysis,radio-show,self-destruction,subculture,wheelchair
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-13-2008)
- Language: English