Plot & Details
Set in England's dreary midwinter season, this slow-paced story chronicles the partial awakening from apathy of Robert, a DJ, as he investigates the mysterious death of his brother. As he travels, he is constantly surrounded by music from David Bowie, Kraftwork, Sting and Devo, among others. Despite his apparent intention of looking into his brother's death, he can't bring himself to investigate even the most blatant clues. As his anomie returns, he begins discarding any connection with his surroundings, eventually boarding a train bound for he knows-not-where. Despite the movie's relentlessly grim storyline and setting and its slow pace, some reviewers reported that they found this feature oddly refreshing.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/07/2008
- DVD Release Date: 04/03/2007
- Director(s): Christopher Petit
- Starring: David Beames , Lisa Kreuzer , Sandy Ratcliff , Andrew Byatt , Sue Jones-Davies
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Death in the Family
- Tone: Bleak,Deliberate,Downbeat,Gloomy,Moody
- Keywords: Britain, DJ, brother, death, exploration, radio, investigation, killing, murder