Plot & Details
Los Angeles, 1999 - Officer Dave Brown (Woody Harrelson) is a Vietnam vet and a Rampart Precinct cop, dedicated to doing "the people's dirty work" and asserting his own code of justice, often blurring the lines between right and wrong to maintain his action-hero state of mind. When he gets caught on tape beating a suspect, he finds himself in a personal and emotional downward spiral as the consequences of his past sins and his refusal to change his ways in light of a department-wide corruption scandal seal his fate. Brown internalizes his fear, anguish and paranoia as his world, complete with two ex-wives who are sisters, two daughters, an aging mentor dispensing bad advice, investigators galore, and a series of seemingly random women, starts making less and less sense. In the end, what is left is a human being stripped of all his pretense, machismo, chauvinism, arrogance, sexism, homophobia, racism, aggression, misanthropy; but is it enough to redeem him as a man?
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Crime and Mystery
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/10/2012
- DVD Release Date: 05/15/2012
- Distributor(s): Millennium Entertainment
- Director(s): Oren Moverman
- Starring: Woody Harrelson , Sigourney Weaver , Robin Wright Penn , Ned Beatty , Ben Foster
- Themes: Work Ethics
- Tone: Disturbing,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: corruption,police-officer
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-23-2011),USA - Expanding (02-10-2012)
- Language: English