Plot & Details
This black comedy centers upon the L.A. theater scene. Steve Maletti owns a small struggling theater. He also directs the plays there. He has just secured two popular TV stars to appear in his newest production. Unfortunately, the actors get a movie deal and fly away to Africa leaving the hapless Maletti, who must close the show. His theater will fold if he doesn't come up with a hit show. He finds his chance when he secures the rights to a Broadway hit. Now he must convince the critics that it's a good production. His toughest job will be convincing the curmudgeonly critic Milton Mandler. Maletti decides to scare him into writing a good review, too bad Maletti literally scared the old man to death. Fortunately Mandler had written a rave review of the play before his heart failed. Maletti must then conceal the critic's death until after the review appears in the L.A. Times. It doesn't take long before a suspicious cop is hot on Maletti's trail.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/12/1995
- Director(s): Jeffrey January, Jeff Seymour
- Starring: Jeff Seymour , Carmen Argenziano , Ed Begley, Jr. , Robert Costanzo , James Handy
- Keywords: actor, heart-attack, behind-the-scenes, blackmail, con/scam, critic, death, investigation, killing, murder, stage