Plot & Details
A pair of sewage-truck drivers attempt to rescue the tarnished reputation of their favorite pro wrestler in this comedy from Varsity Blues director Brian Robbins. Gordie Boggs (David Arquette) and Sean Dawkins (Scott Caan) live vicariously through superstar grappler Jimmy King (Oliver Platt). But when King's manager (Joe Pantoliano), in a fit of ego, arranges to have his client dethroned to make way for the next hot property, the guys hatch a plan to force a rematch. The only problem is, their no-good hero has sunk into a black hole of self-pity and liquor. Enlisting the help of old-time trainer Sal (Martin Landau) to whip "The King" into shape, Gordie and Sean run afoul of Gordie's father, who wants his son to settle down and become a cop like him. Meanwhile, curvaceous Sasha (Rose McGowan) moves in on Gordie, but has ulterior motives. So does The King's son (Tait Smith), who's willing to put his girth to good use in order to exact revenge on his dad for abandoning him. Ready to Rumble features a large cast of real-life WCW wrestlers portraying themselves. McGowan and Arquette previously appeared together in Wes Craven's Scream. Lewis Arquette, the star's father, also appears alongside his son as he did in Scream 2.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/07/2000
- DVD Release Date: 09/19/2000
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Brian Robbins
- Starring: David Arquette , Oliver Platt , Scott Caan , Bill Goldberg , Rose McGowan
- Themes: Nothing Goes Right,Underdogs,Wrestling
- Tone: Goofy,Slick,Flashy
- Keywords: betrayal,champion,dance [art],fanatic,manager,profession,rematch,revenge,wrestling-Greco-Roman
- Country of Origin: USA (04-07-2000)
- Language: English