Plot & Details
A documentary about Students for a Democratic Society, the student group that began as an anti-poverty, pro-civil rights organization concerned with voter registration for Southern blacks in the early 1960s. The SDS changed its focus as the Vietnam War overshadowed the country, eventually becoming one of the most vocal and influential anti-war organizations of the era. The documentary includes interviews with such movers and shakers as Tom Hayden, Cathy Wilkerson, and Carl Ogelsby.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/10/2000
- DVD Release Date: 04/15/2003
- Distributor(s): New Yorker, Zeitgeist Films
- Director(s): Helen Garvey
- Starring: Tom Hayden
- Tone: Earnest,Intimate,Reflective,Stirring
- Keywords: Civil-Rights, activism, anti-war, rebel-with-a-cause, student
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-10-2000)
- Language: English