In 'Red Dawn,' an American city awakens to the surreal sight of foreign paratroopers dropping from the sky -- shockingly, the U.S. has been invaded and their hometown is the initial target. Quickly and without warning, the citizens find themselves prisoners and their town under enemy occupation. Determined to fight back, a group of young patriots seek refuge in the surrounding woods, training and reorganizing themselves into a guerilla group of fighters. Taking inspiration from their high school mascot, they call themselves the Wolverines, banding together to protect one another, liberate their town from its captors, and take back their freedom.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 114min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/21/2012
- DVD Release Date: 03/05/2013
- Distributor(s): MGM, Film District
- Themes: Kids in Trouble,Heroic Mission,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Rousing,Tense
North Korea, high-school, invasion, teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA (09-24-2010),USA (11-21-2012)
- Language: English