Plot & Details
Inspired by the remarkable true story of the southern bootleggers who gave birth to an American tradition, James Suttles and Kathleen Bobak's rags-to-riches period drama follows North Carolina adrenaline junkie Jimmie Lewallen as races to win the heart of a pretty divorcee, and build a better future for his burgeoning family. Born into destitution but unwilling to accept a future of poverty, Jimmie works on the family farm by day, and smuggles moonshine through the back roads by night. Along with his two pals Bill Blair and Fred Harb, Jimmy quickly earns a reputation as one of the fastest drivers in the state. It isn't long before the bored locals discover the thrill of the race, and upon meeting a man with a plan to turn the sport legit, Jimmy is driving at the head of the pack. Later, when the U.S. is drawn into World War II, the man who once proved his worth on the racetrack finds himself fighting for God and country on the battlefield.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/11/2011
- Distributor(s): Otter Creek Motion Pictures
- Director(s): James Suttles, Kathleen 'Bo' Bobak
- Starring: Brad Yoder , Burgess Jenkins , Ashlee Payne , Quentin Kerr , Cindy Hogan
- Themes: Rags To Riches,Car Racing
- Tone: Rousing
- Keywords: auto-racing,bootlegging,moonshine,poverty
- Language: English