Plot & Details
Amanda Seyfried stars in this dark retelling of the classic Little Red Riding Hood fable, set in a medieval village where a werewolf has been terrorizing the citizens. Though the night has become a more and more dangerous time for the villagers, who never know when the beast will leave more bodies strewn in its wake, Valerie is a girl on the brink of womanhood, and is so preoccupied with her love and lust for an orphaned woodcutter that she risks leaving herself vulnerable -- both literally and figuratively. Meanwhile, the townspeople hire a werewolf hunter (Gary Oldman) to track down the monster and kill it before it wreaks more bloody havoc. But as suspicions brew, the people of the once peaceful town begin to turn on each other, letting the innocence of their formerly happy community fall further and further into the past.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/11/2011
- DVD Release Date: 06/14/2011
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Catherine Hardwicke
- Starring: Amanda Seyfried , Gary Oldman , Julie Christie , Billy Burke , Shiloh Fernandez
- Themes: Werewolves
- Tone: Goth,Moody,Ominous
- Keywords: village,werewolf
- Country of Origin: USA (03-11-2011)
- Language: English