Plot & Details
Juliette Binoche teams with Lambert Wilson in this erotic drama. Binoche plays Nina, the young lady friend of timid Paulot (Wadeck Stanczak). Though she intends to be true to Paulot, Nina falls hard for his roommate, Quentin (Wilson), a thoroughly self-centered actor who performs in live sex shows. After a torrid affair with Nina, Quentin dies under questionable circumstances. Nina's search for answers to Quentin's sudden death leads her to Scrutzler (Jean-Louis Trintignant), the theater director who'd once cast Quentin in Romeo and Juliet. Scrutzler has likewise suffered a terrible loss in his life: his Juliet was also his wife, who also died unexpectedly. Apparently, it was the wife's death that led to Quentin's demise. On impulse, Scrutzler casts the inexperienced Nina as Juliet -- and before long, both unhappy souls find a common emotional ground.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/17/2005
- DVD Release Date: 02/15/2005
- Director(s): André Téchiné
- Starring: Juliette Binoche , Lambert Wilson , Wadeck Stanczak , Jean-Louis Trintignant , Anne Wiazemsky
- Themes: Self-Destructive Romance,Actor's Life
- Tone: Enigmatic,Melancholy,Moody,Sexual
- Keywords: Romeo-and-Juliet, actor, death, roommate, theater-troupe
- Country of Origin: USA (05-15-1987)
- Language: French