Plot & Details
Awakening in a top-secret Umbrella facility as the T-virus threatens to wipe out the last remnants of humanity, Alice (Milla Jovovich) must battle her way through virtual simulations in order to break out of the complex and save the Earth in this fifth Resident Evil film. While the apocalyptic plague rages above ground, below the surface lies a massive base powered the evil supercomputer, the Red Queen, who will stop at nothing to contain humanity's only biologically-enhanced hope that is Alice. While factions in the Umbrella Corporation strive to help Alice escape, the Red Queen unleashes zombies, monsters, and clones of her ex-comrades to stop her. Only when Alice stumbles across a young girl who's been bred to think that she is her mother does the two-fisted heroine find a new reason to live. Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez, and Kevin Durand co-star.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/14/2012
- DVD Release Date: 12/21/2012
- Distributor(s): Sony
- Director(s): Paul W.S. Anderson
- Starring: Milla Jovovich , Sienna Guillory , Colin Salmon , Michelle Rodriguez , Kevin Durand
- Themes: Zombies,Virtual Reality,Technology Run Amok,Trapped or Confined
- Tone: Atmospheric,Goth,Slick,Stylized,Outrageous
- Keywords: infection,undead,virus,clone,simulation
- Country of Origin: USA - 3D (09-14-2012),USA (09-14-2012)
- Language: English